Wednesday, 14 March 2007

Reflection- use of FirstClass

Today a couple of Team 14 made a most excellent mistake. I was meeting in the rear of the library with the Tech Wizards and we kept hearing the familiar 'ding dong' of a FirstClass chat from the library area.

This was quite distracting for us and I wonder what it was like for others in the library who might have been reading? At the moment I have turned chat off for Team 14 while we take this chance to take stock and reflect on how we use these tools.

I wonder if my approach to turn chat off was the right thing to do? I don't think it was because it is an opportunity for us to learn about being an ethical user of ICT. Here are some questions I'd like to ask Team 14 to consider and reflect on:

How can we use chat to support our learning and the learning of others?
What are some of our ideas for using it?
What does it mean to be an 'ethical user' of ICTs?
What should we do if someone forgets to be ethical when using ICT?

No comments:

Video Reflections